The rise of e-commerce and online networking via WordPress has changed how we approach website building. Sometimes, the easy way out can be modified to work to our advantage. That’s what this curated list of the best WordPress page builders is for. But before that, let’s discuss why you’re probably here.
How Can Web Building Go Wrong?
To understand the importance of profound web building, it’s important to understand the e-commerce landscape without it. Anyone can buy a domain and tweak a little code here and there. But sticking to that and that alone can lead to several problems, including the following.
Many site and online business owners lack the vision and imagination to elevate webpage aesthetics. This can lead to web design that is bland and uninspired or just plain uninviting.
Whether you’re operating a brand or even running a blog, cohesion is important. Inconsistency in colour scheme, font, UX, and navigation can be off-putting. This is one of the issues that the best WordPress page builders should help prevent.
Inefficient Site Building
Poor hosting and inefficient use of code and web design elements can burden your site. It can generate errors that can take ages to fix. Many businesses in the market for the best WordPress page builders have this complaint.
Unfettered user experience is important, especially for online stores or booking websites. Without it, your audiences are likely to experience more frustration and complaints. Even with the basic features, a limited browsing experience leaves users unimpressed and wanting more.
Cumbersome web design and bloated code slow down websites, which can drain your hard-earned traffic and conversions.
Smaller screens demand web design that is adaptive and mimics the control and output of Desktop. Without it, you risk alienating a large chunk of your customer base.
Lack Of Integration And Compatibility
A working e-commerce or UX website is often a combination of multiple tools and extensions. Even if they don’t encumber the website, it’s important that they work in tandem. Without the best WordPress page builder at the helm, this can be a difficult balance to achieve.
What Are Page Builders?
Page builders, also known as site or web builders, help expedite the creation of fully-fledged websites. These tools take the drag-and-drop approach to building a virtual storefront to the next level. The best page builders for WordPress are flexible and allow for customization without affecting performance or responsiveness.
In fairness, they’re hardly the only option for making a dynamic website. However, professionally developed websites can cost small businesses a pretty penny. There is the option to code your own sites, achieving the same results without help takes time and can be risky, especially if you’re a beginner.
The Best Page Builders For WordPress
The best freemium WordPress page builders offer the best of both worlds. They offer pre-made templates, layouts, and elements, thus preventing choice fatigue. They’re also user-friendly, offer control, and can be readily customized if you have the programming chops.
- Elementor Page Builder – The One-Stop-Shop
In the world of web building, this is the frontrunner. No coding skills, no problem. The Elementor page builder for WordPress offers intuitive front-end building and diverse capabilities to create your dream website.
- Real-time frontend editing.
- An exhaustive library of customizable templates.
- Widgets like Google Maps, headlines, image grids, price tables and more.
- Build pop-ups without third-party tools.
- Brizy – The User-friendly Choice
For web building, Brizy is among the best page builder for WordPress in terms of learning curve. It combines simple editing with a cloud auto-save feature that ensures nothing is lost in editing.
- Live editing and web building.
- Global colours and fonts for consistency and branding.
- A library of over 500 ready-made blocks, more than 40 popup styles, and upwards of 150 layouts.
- Customizable contact form builder.
- Thrive Architect – Conversion-focused Web Building
If you’re an online entrepreneur, Thrive Architect is the solution for you. It provides everything you need to build compelling landing pages and marketing-friendly features.
- True visual editing experience through click-to-edit.
- Pre-built conversion elements like customizable buttons, testimonials, countdown timers, and lead generation forms integrated with popular email marketing tools.
- Over 300 beautifully designed, compelling landing page templates.
- Mobile responsive design controls.
- Bricks Builder – The ‘From-Scratch’ Frontrunner
Bricks Builder is one of the best beginner-friendly WordPress page builders. Flexible and offering features like template syncing and conditional viewing, you can exercise full control with this tool.
- Bespoke HTML attributes for greater customization.
- User-friendly popup builder.
- Layout content for fast, predictable, and streamlined web building.
- Breakdance – Built To Innovate
Trusted by over 200,000 websites, Breakdance is the tool that lets you create a visually stunning and interactive site that stands out from the rest.
- Upwards of 130 built-in elements.
- Performance and load-time friendly.
- Dynamic data and conditions for site-wide data synergy.
- Astra – Lightweight Page Building
Astra is among the best page builders for WordPress users that value simplicity. It combines enticing visuals and customizability without impacting site speed.
- Dozens of customizable, pre-built websites.
- Super lightweight themes for high-performing sites.
- Layout settings for blogs, archived collections, individual posts, and more.
- A multitude of adjustable header options.
- Oxygen – The Responsive Pick
Mobile commerce is the future, and Oxygen is the tool that will help you make the most of it. Create professional websites with seamless functionality and elements regardless of screen size.
- Build pages with dynamic data from WordPress, Toolset, or Pods.
- Advanced features like parallax, scroll animations, multiple hover effects, and more.
- Unmatched control over code
- Mobile-friendly web building.
- Avada – A Powerhouse Of Versatility
Avada prides itself in affording full creative control to website and online business owners. It provides diverse features and layouts from a diverse library, combined with immense customizability.
- Fusion Builder for one-of-a-kind, professional design elements.
- Access to premium plugins for more functionality and control.
- Options for global and small-scale building.
- Beaver Builder – The Reliable Performer
In a shifting market, it helps to have a website that’s easy to adjust and adapt. Beaver Builder combines drag-and-drop innovation with dynamic site editing making it one of the most in-demand WordPress page builders.
- Real-time frontend editing.
- Rows and modules that you can save and reuse.
- Support for shortcodes and widgets.
- Mobile-friendly responsiveness settings.
- GeneratePress – For Speedy Results
Imagine web building that prioritizes performance, UX, and super web design. GeneratePress provides all that in a super lightweight package that’s perfect for timely results.
- <15kb in size.
- Site-wide customization capabilities.
- Full control over each individual page or post.
- WPBakery – For Saving Time
The WordPress Bakery Builder streamlines the process of web building with simple, gimmick-free drag-and-drop functionality. You can manage effectively your business thanks to easy-to-learn design features, and much more.
- Flexible front and backend editing.
- Over 500+ content elements for creating unique templates.
- Library for saving and reusing layouts.
- Versatile theme integration.
- Zion Builder – The Promising Newcomer
A new addition to the lineup, the Zion Builder has already emerged as one of the best WordPress page builders for businesses. It provides a no-nonsense approach to web building with lightweight design and immense webpage personalization.
- A user-friendly drag-and-drop interface.
- Support for dynamic content.
- Several pre-designed templates to kickstart building.
Conclusion: WordPress page builders
To avoid the continual costs of outsourcing and decision fatigue of coding, page builders are your key to a successful website. The best WordPress page builders prioritize speed, UX, other essentials for the online business of today. So, take your pick and invest in a productive year online in 2024.